- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cubanelle pepers, chopped (or 1 sm. can diced green chiles)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Franks RedHot
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 7 corn tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Place all ingredients (except corn tortillas) in a crock pot. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.